I counted last night, and there is still 7 more posts coming in the Valentine Love Circus series:
- Pierrots & Pierrettes, assembly instructions and display ideas
- Big Top Hearts w/printable & instructions
- Valentine Garland w/printables & instructions
- Valentine Rosettes w/printables & instructions
- Swinging Pierrettes w/printables and instructions
- Pierette Doll w/printable and instructions
- Pierrot & Pierrette Masks w/printables and instructions
Starting on top of this list, today will be some instructions on how I assembled and displayed the Pierrots & Pierretes that I have been posting day 1-5 🙂
To craft all this cuteness, I have developed a secret super power:
I use spray glue to attach my printed sheets to cereal boxes!
- Take a fairly large paper bag outside, with the colored side of the cereal box visible.
- Spray a generous amount into the paper bag, I’m careful to hold my breath.
- Put the tacky cereal box on a covered surface and attach your printed sheet.
- Let dry, my spray glue is dry enough to start cutting in about 2 hours.
- Cut out the shapes (I left a white border on mine, makes the cutting sooo much easier)
- Cup cake forms turned upside down are the perfect circus pedestals!
- I cut a slit on either side, carefully slid my love clowns into the slits, and ta-dah!!!
- Cuteness Complete!
For the hanging Pierrot, I used a pipe-cleaner to form his trapeze. A skewer and some thread or ribbon will do too!
If you don’t have the firm cup cake forms, you can use regular paper coffee cups, just cut them a little shorter to form the pedestals. If they don’t have cute red&white circus stripes, wait a few days, and I’ll have a printable that can be adapted to make paper coffe cup pedestals sooo easily 😉
If you are not already a confirmed follower of Wings of Whimsy, please click “Follow” to register:
- WordPress-users: in the top left corner of your browser window to register your WordPress-account
- Others readers: in the bottom right corner of your browser window to register your email-address