I had fun designing my own set of Embroidered Alphabet tags today, in stead of folding laundry like I had originally planned… 😛 (Sheri: GOT does not mean what you think…lol)
This is so easy to embroider, even a child could do it…;-) It took me maybe one hour to cross stitch 6 letters. I started out making the 3 letters G + O + T (since they are the initials of myself, my sister and our daughters…) but I will make a few other letters and add to the folder too. If you like these and would like your initial, please post below and I’ll move the requested initials to the top of my list 😀 Please also let me know if you have special requests to what colors you want, I can change that to pretty much anything you need 😉
This is the free cross stitch alphabet I have used to design these tags, click the link below if you want a copy of it.
Here is a sample tag with the letter T:
- Print the tags onto matte photo paper (mine is 170g paper) or cardstock
- Use a needle of something sharp to pierce all the white dots
- The red dots are guidelines to show you the letter, they should all be covered with an X (one stitch)
- Embroider with floss or thin crochet thread (I used a double thread meant for 1,5-1,75 crochet needle)
- Glue the sheet to a piece of thin cardboard, I used a cereal box and spray glue, let dry.
- Cut out the tags.
- Punch the holes, string and hang.
- (Optional: embellish your tag with anything you fancy)
- TADAH: Vintage Embroidered Cuteness 🙂
This file is free for your personal use and enjoyment. Go to the download folder below to grab your high quality copy:
I have used the following source for this design:
OK, l-a-u-n-d-r-y, here I come!!!
Did you enjoy this post? If you are not already a confirmed follower of Wings of Whimsy, please click “Follow” to register and make sure you don’t miss future posts on WoW:
- WordPress-users: in the top left corner of your browser window to register your WordPress-account
- Other readers: in the bottom right corner of your browser window to register your email-address