I’m really having fun with the embroidered tags, so here is a second set for ya’ll, all hearts this time:
This is a few more stitches per tag than the letters from yesterday, so it might be a bit more challenging, maybe a total of about 15 mins. to embroider each tag? I used 6 different shades of peach and pink, but you can of course embroider these in any color you like 🙂
Here is a sample tag with the heart:
- Print the tags onto matte photo paper (mine is 170g paper) or cardstock
- Use a needle of something sharp to pierce all the white dots
- The red dots are guidelines to show you the symbols, they should all be covered with an X (one stitch)
- Embroider with floss or thin crochet thread (I used a variety of cotton crochet tread, some a bit too tick, some were just perfect!)
- Glue the sheet to a piece of thin cardboard, I used a cereal box and spray glue, let dry.
- Cut out the tags.
- Punch the holes, string and hang.
- (Optional: embellish your tag with anything you fancy)
- TADAH: Vintage Embroidered Cuteness 🙂
This file is free for your personal use and enjoyment. Go to the download folder below to grab your high quality copy:
I have used the following source for this design:
Did you enjoy this post? If you are not already a confirmed follower of Wings of Whimsy, please click “Follow” to register and make sure you don’t miss future posts on WoW:
- WordPress-users: in the top left corner of your browser window to register your WordPress-account
- Other readers: in the bottom right corner of your browser window to register your email-address