I have had a blast with mixing paper printables and embroidery lately, and here is the latest design, a French Garland spelling out the word BONHEUR (happiness):
I found some gorgeous pages from a Vintage Embroidery booklet, and I knew I had to utilize them 🙂 The result looks like the whole flags are embroidered, even if in fact I only embroidered the letters 😀
I spent maybe 10 minutes per letter, so this whole project will be completed in maybe 1,5 hour 😀
- Print the flags onto matte photo paper (mine is 170g paper) or cardstock
- Use a needle of something sharp to pierce all the white dots
- The red dots are guidelines to show you the symbols, they should all be covered with an X (one stitch)
- Embroider with floss or thin crochet thread
- Cut out the flags.
- String and hang.
- TA-DAH: Vintage Embroidered Cuteness 🙂
Here are the seamless tiles I created for the flags, they can of course be used to make papers or to cover any digital design you need:
These files are free for your personal use and enjoyment. Go to the download folder below to grab your high quality copies:
I have used the following source for this design:
Did you enjoy this post? If you are not already a confirmed follower of Wings of Whimsy, please click “Follow” to register and make sure you don’t miss future posts on WoW:
- WordPress-users: in the top left corner of your browser window to register your WordPress-account
- Other readers: in the bottom right corner of your browser window to register your email-address