If you have followed WoW for a little while, you might have discovered that I love recycling, upcycling, thrifting and revamping. I LOVE vintage and antique, and being able to combine any of the above can make me happy for days and days…:-D
So for the Christmas Ornament Swap (or any other Christmas Craft you plan to do this fall), you might want to take a look at the graphics I have used before, there might be some neat graphics deserving another go 😉 If you see anything you like, click on the image to go to the original post and download them there:
These graphics, including several PNG-files (transparent background), were all shared by me last year, but could definitely be recycled into some cute Christmas Crafts again this year, don’t you agree?
Don’t forget to sign up for the
Tart Tin or Cookie Cutter
Anyone can join, as long as you are willing to comply with the following rules:
- I will assign swap-buddies and manage the swaps.
- Sign up for contributing a batch of 3 tart tin ornaments OR a batch of 3 cookie cutter ornaments, vintage style
- Take pictures of the 3 ornaments you have made to be presented here on WoW
- Have your batch of ornaments ready to ship internationally no later than November 15th (we want to make sure your swap-buddy receives them in time for THIS Christmas…lol)
- Ship the 3 ornaments to your swap buddy (same swap buddy gets the whole batch of 3 ornaments)
- SIGN-UP DEADLINE: October 1st 2014 (leaving you 6 weeks to make the ornaments and take pictures)
You are welcome to sign up for more than one swap, but each batch should be either 3 tart tin ornaments OR 3 cookie cutter ornaments. If you sign up for multiple swaps, you will be assigned with multiple swap-buddies (keep in mind the international shipping costs!) You will receive a batch of 3 tart tin ornaments in return if you contribute with tart tin ornaments, and a batch of 3 cookie cutter ornaments in return if you contribute with cookie cutter ornaments.
Don’t have any vintage tart tins or cookie cutters in your stash? No worries, you can use new ones, as long as you make them look vintage! (I have tested various solutions of vinegar, hydroperoxide and bleach that will roughen and rust metal in no time, I will share those tips later)
There is no requirement to use WoW-graphics for the swap ornaments, you are free to use any graphics you like, or even no graphics at all 😀
Sign up by posting a comment below, with what kind of swap(s) you want to do, or send me a personal email 😀
Did you enjoy this post? If you are not already a confirmed follower of Wings of Whimsy, please click “Follow” to register and make sure you don’t miss future posts on WoW:
- WordPress-users: in the top left corner of your browser window to register your WordPress-account
- Other readers: in the bottom right corner of your browser window to register your email-address