Here is another lantern for you, this time with cute Snow Children from The Graphics Fairy:
This is another quick and easy project. 🙂 I think the lantern looks cute on top of my doll house, that I one day hope to give a vintage fairy makeover. Until then, it is another (covered) shelf in my studio, with my sewing notions up on the roof 😀
- Print out my resized sheet with the graphics, mine were printed on Canon Matte Photo Paper (170g).
- Cut out the wrap and cut out the “glas” from the lanterns – use a sharp exacto knife for precission
- Roll the paper a few times, until it starts holding the shape a little by itself
- Apply a piece of tape to the inside of the seam
- Insert your roll into the Mason jar
- Add a little epsom salt in the bottom. It both looks like snow, and helps hold your tea light in place.
- Light a battery tea light inside your lantern.
- TA-DAH: Vintage Snow Children Lantern, for Christmas, or all winter 😀
Find your high quality copy in my Christmas download folder, free for your personal use and enjoyment 🙂
Did you enjoy this post? If you are not already a confirmed follower of Wings of Whimsy, please click “Follow” to register and make sure you don’t miss any future posts:
- WordPress-users: in the top left corner of your browser window to register your WordPress-account
- Other readers: in the bottom right corner of your browser window to register your email-address
I used the following graphics to create this design: