Time for the next part of the Wallpaper Flags, todays batch of 8 pennants is from the 1953 collection:
Each flag is sized to print on A4 paper. If you want your flags to be smaller, simply print 2 or 4 flags per each sheet of paper 🙂
Mix and match your own Flag Garland as you please! The flags can be embellished with letters, images or rosettes, glitter, pearls, charms, ribbon, lace, twine – the opportunities are ENDLESS with these!
There is now LESS THAN 2 WEEKS LEFT to create your Flag Garland for the WoW Challenge:
It is not too late to sign up, get access to the full collection of 408 pennants and enter your submission!
Pick a maximum of SEVEN Wallpaper pennants to combine into YOUR FAVOURITE FLAG GARLAND! Craft it, and send me pictures before June 1st! After June 1st I will share YOUR creations, and how these flags surely can be combined in numerous beautiful ways! I will pick my top three favourites, and let YOU – the WoW readers – vote for the winner! The winner will receive honor and glory and a goodie package from me by snail-mail!
Here are some various ideas to get you started:
- Alternating patterns
- Choose a decade
- Choose a specific style
To enter the challenge, please sign up in the comments below or send me an email (click on my avatar at the bottom of each post) and I will grant you access to the FULL COLLECTION of 408 pennants to choose from. I WILL share more of the pennants here on WoW, but who knows when (or if) I’ll ever get through all 408 pennants…:-P
The rules for you to enter the WoW Challenge:
- By signing up, you agree to enter a submission to the challenge
- You can NOT alter the colors of the pennants (i.e. print them in sepia or black & white)
- You CAN embellish your pennants, although it should be possible to clearly recognize what pennants you have used
- You must send me a good quality image of your finished Flag Garland no later then May 31st, together with a list of the pennants you have used (for me to check that they are in fact clearly recognizable).
- You can not make the garland with 6 or 8 or any other number of pennants, ONLY 7 pennants will be accepted.
- Within the 7 pennants available, pennants may be repeated
- You may submit more than one entry, provided your entries are distinctively different from each other!
- If you win, you must send me your snail-mail address for the goodie package to reach you
Do you think 7 pennants make for a short garland? I don’t mind if you make all 408 pennants into a garland, as long as your entry to the WoW Challenge is singled out to a perfect total of 7 🙂 What are you waiting for, start typing a comment or an email to sign up for the World Wide WoW Challenge 😀 😀 😀
The files are free for your personal use and enjoyment. Go to the download folder below to grab your high quality copies 🙂
Did you enjoy this post? If you are not already a confirmed follower of Wings of Whimsy, please click “Follow” to register and make sure you don’t miss any future posts. Scroll down to the bottom footer, and you will find the button/field to register your email to the right 🙂
I have used elements from the following sources for todays design: