With this series of Christmas Cottages, I hope to have shared my love for vintage ephemera, and especially with focus on Christmas symbols! It has been a blast designing all these little cottages, and I’m quite sad to let you know that today’s 3 cottages are the very last ones in this series!
Here are The Royal Christmas Cottages, No 106-108 (the original 2013 ones counting as 1-25):
I could not skip Queen Victoria for this series, could I 😀 😀 😀 And Her Majesty’s Royal Cottages are indeed released on Christmas Eve 🙂
I hope you have tried a few of the cottages, it is very easy to be smitten with these, and want to make a whole village 😀 Pick your favorites and enjoy making your own Christmas Village during the quiet Christmas days! These are adorable to bring out again next Christmas too, maybe they will become treasured heirlooms in time?
The little cottages are very easy to make with a hot glue gun:
- Print on cardstock (I use Canon Matte Photo paper (160g)
- Cut out the cottage (all the solid lines)
- Score on the dotted lines
- Fold on the dotted lines
- Glue the bottom sides of the roof
- Glue the side walls together
- Glue the top of the roof together
- Tuck in the floor.
- I usually don’t glue the floor, meaning I can insert a small gift, or a LED tea light if I wish🙂
The files are free for your personal use and enjoyment. Go to the download folder below to grab your high quality copies 🙂
Did you enjoy this post? If you are not already a confirmed follower of Wings of Whimsy, please click “Follow” to register and make sure you don’t miss any future posts:
- WordPress-users: in the top left corner of your browser window to register your WordPress-account
- Other readers: in the bottom right corner of your browser window to register your email-address
I have used the following elements for todays designs: