Take a look at my second craft with old books:
CREATE Embroidered Garland
- Cut out, paint & glitter your bookpages (how to do it HERE).
- Trim your pages to the same width.
- Measure the width of your pages and put a pencil mark in the middle, at the bottom edge.
- Cut the pages into triangles, using your pencil mark and the two top corners to guide you.
- (Optional: punch out shapes from the left over book page).
- Print out the Letter Template Sheet and cut the 6 letters apart.
- Use a needle of something sharp to pierce all the red dots.
- Place the letter on top of your book page flag and use a thin colored marker to mark the red dots through the letter template layer onto the flag layer.
- Use a needle or something sharp to pierce all the blue dots, through both layers (letter and flag).
- The red dots are guidelines to show you the symbols, they should all be covered with an X (one stitch).
- Embroider with floss or thin crochet thread.
- Feed the flags into the sewing machine to attatch the lace ribbon.
- (Optional: feed your punched shapes into the sewing machine too, then tie them onto the ribbon).
- Hang and TA-DAH: Vintage Embroidered Creativeness :-).
The embroidery template letters can be used several times, if you have a few extra pages you can make ART too:
Hang these garlands in your creative space, or gift them to a friend for inspiration 😀
The high quality printable Letter Template Sheet can be found in the download folder below. The file is free for your personal use and enjoyment.
Did you enjoy this post? If you are not already a confirmed follower of Wings of Whimsy, please click “Follow” to register and make sure you don’t miss future posts on WoW:
- WordPress-users: in the top left corner of your browser window to register your WordPress-account
- Other readers: in the bottom right corner of your browser window to register your email-address